Sunday, July 15, 2007

What did I do this weekend???? - 14 & 15 July 2007

Boring Saturday afternoon, Simon resting at home....hmmmm and I went out to buy some wool, ran into Nicholas and we ended up going to the city so that he could buy a pair of slippers for his ROWING session on Sunday. Here's a view of the National Monument at Victoria Park. Hmmm I have to go there to take some photos when the weather gets better. Here's the other view of the city, Federation square and beyond.....oops ! Tram coming, got to keep the camera.
On Sunday, we were going to meet up with Paul, a friend studying in Brisbane but on holiday here in Melbourne. Simon suggested to go to St Augustine's Church at Spenser street. After walking past tall buildings you see a little church sandwiched between tall buildings....

The bell tower of the church...the beautiful melodic sound of the bells chiming while I was taking this photograph....
The huge windows of the church....
Above the main entrance of the church....I was too engrossed in the spirit of the atmosphere of this little charsmatic church and the people that I never thought of taking some photographs of the internal part of the church....will do it another time I visit.
After yam cha lunch and catch up with Paul, we headed to the Melbourne Central to take our train home. Here's a view of the old shot tower in the middle of the shopping complex.
It's 6 o'clock in the evening and it was time to stand there to watch the musical clock in action, it plays music (Waltzing Matilda) on the hour every hour till the shopping centre closes.
Finally after 1 minute the clock starts lowering it's musical choir...some elves and little singing birds move to the melodic music of Waltzing Matilda.....what a way to end a tiring day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home